Tuesday, September 07, 2004
David Marr of Media Watch Fame makes the digestion of election palatable ...
Scotty of the Tulip Cafe fame posts his observations about the story in the Chicago Tribune | In Prague, a tale of 2 Attas: Ahh, magic Prague! How often I forget. Where's Angelo Rippelino when you need him?
Eye on 32 Roll Out The Barrel Days: Pollies Showing They Can Take the Heat
It is only week two of the federal election campaign, and already John Howard and Mark Latham are switching sides to indulge in political cross-dressing
• Election Edges [Over the Complex Parliamentary Hill: History will record Mr Cahill as the only Usher of the Black Rod to feature next to the President Max Willis under the cheecky Daily Terror headline “The Queen Men of Sydney” (smile)]
• · There's an old joke that journalists choose their career path because they're bad at maths Reading the poll leaves
• · · Blair is soft on Fox is soft on terrorists
• · · · John Quiggin is tough on Labour tax package ; [Analysis of the Tax Package ; [The Report in PDF version: Rewarding Hard Labour ]
• · · · · Instapundit Press Corps Autopsy
• · · · · · Unless Russian society demands a change in policy toward Chechnya, the prospects of change rest solely in the hands of Putin, a man who, on the issue of Chechnya, has over five disastrous war years showed himself to be a chronically limited, vicious, failed leader The Beslan school massacre as a Chernobyl moment; 9/11 The discovery of the financial backing of the two hijackers 'would draw a direct line between the terrorists and the government of Saudi Arabia, and trigger an attempted coverup by the Bush administration ...
PS: The well-regarded Raf Shakirov editor of Russia's top daily newspaper, Izvestia, has been forced out over the graphic coverage of the Beslan hostage tragedy (via Radio Liberty)