Thursday, August 07, 2003

Obituary: A Brisk Walk Through The Ruins A Note to My Readers (All 207 of Them):

I must announce, with much regret and a little relief, that my August 4 column, "A Brisk Walk Through the Ruins," is the last of my "Cynical Guy" series. I knew it would be my last when I wrote it, and it makes a fitting farewell.
I've relished the opportunity to observe our mysterious, sad, amusing and ever-astonishing world in these short pieces for the past two years. I've enjoyed the struggle to unearth the right words from my mind as I wrote them. It was my dream since graduate school to write such columns, and now I feel as fulfilled as an aging salmon that has fought its way upstream to spawn. (I hope my 81 offspring continue to romp around the Web long after I've turned to sawdust, or whatever it is we turn into.)

· A dose of rueful mirth and that you've come to regard me as a kindred spirit [icynic]
· Cynic is Dead Long Live the Cynic [CityCynic ]