Monday, August 11, 2003

Insomniacally Informaniac (sic), Media Dragon, is on the hunt, unmasking and honouring bloggers who are serving, for better or for worse, the virtual Antipodean world. The blogscroll was stolen in the middle of the day from the local Parish
My bohemian licence really just wanted to create something speculation-provoking and perhaps useful and fun.

Presenting Antipodean Bloggers: The Truth Laid Bear (#1 Aug 2003 AD)

What kinds of personae do we make? What relation do these have to what we have traditionally thought of as the 'whole' person? Are they experienced as an expanded self or as separate from the self? Do our real-life selves learn lessons from our virtual personae? Are these virtual personae fragments of a coherent real-life personality?
-Sherry Turkle

media & the net: Paging After Grog Blog Grogger Castle

Are Weblogs one more tool in the arsenal used by online alcoholics to bring us violent sport and humour? Or does a blog’s typically individualistic voice calls for a kind of candidness and openness in language and content with a rebelious flavor?
The value of blogs like After Grog Blog (AGB) is that they are sharp, chatty and authentic. But is he really a publican or is he a just a bookmaker? Allan Bond probably enjoys czeching entries by this Western Australian grogger...
· Grogger Judgment [After Grog Blog]

After Grog Blog (AGB) mates with the oppressors like Tim Blair, Chris Textor, but really loves Bunyip, Professor a.k.a. Stanley Gudgeon a.k.a. Ghost of Uncle Rupert. Geographically and metaphorically Grog is the closest to another blogger from Western Australia known as Yobbo.

EXTRACTS: The Good:
You know everything when you realise you know nothing
The Bad:
I think I still know everything
The Funny:
I PLEAD STUPID, YOUR HONOUR

Dictionary:
Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole
Idiosyncrasies:
Dear Miss Blogger,

Please excuse Tony. He's a good boy, but he was unable to blog on Friday & today because he swallowed something that upset him. His publican doctor advises that he be given light duties because he took too much medicine.
Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Teacher, Mother
Character Stengths:
Since two Sundays back I've endured head archies, body archies, shivvering fits, sweat attacks, coughing fits and sleepless nights. I strained my back looking for a bread and butter plate. I strained my temper looking at parking tickets. And I strained my patience looking at football. I also had an attack of woozy when I gulped too much cough syrup.

Now I'm travelling somewhere between OK and not bad, although coffee still tastes shithouse, so I'll try to at least answer your comments below. And I'm sure you're hanging out to know the answers to Girly Swat Trivia. And whether those old time literary gals are actually one person releasing the same book over and over, but with different titles. Sounds better than Ivy - Parts I, II, & III.
Weaknesses:
You are Season 26. You are Dark and Manipulative. People tend to paint you as sicker than you really are - you're far more subtle than people seem to think. Despite that, you're a good laugh and fun to be around.
The Real Me. I'm Ace. Face. Double Subtle. Workin' beautifully me.
Challenges:
IF YOU'VE GOT IT. SPEND IT.
Opportunities:
IF YOU'VE GOT IT. SPEND IT
Image:
· AGB [ Google]
Quote & Link:
Run Rabbit ... Run Run Run
A great many people now reading and writing would
be better employed keeping rabbits.
- Edith Sitwell
· Alcoholic Drinks of the Middle Ages [StarGate ]
Doing:
Not for Publication (Will email Offline to any interested born to party >I am famous type< characters)
Reading:· Thieves in High Places [It officially goes on sale August 18 sean@jimhightower.com.]
Loving:
Liquid Bread
Watching:
Football
Bias:
The political orientation (left and right). Swinger between the two major political parties
Temper:
Short