Tuesday, August 01, 2023

CEO of Company that Wants to Scan Your Irises: ‘World ID’ Is Coming ‘Whether You Like It or Not’

 CEO of Company that Wants to Scan Your Irises: ‘World ID’ Is Coming ‘Whether You Like It or Not’ Breitbard. Yes I know Breibart but it’s reporting on CEO statements…and reader Wukchumni linked to this comparatively anodyne BBC article yesterday: Worldcoin: Sam Altman launches eyeball scanning crypto coin. Bad enough that people are willing to sell their biometric IDs, but worse when they give it away for free. The 2x when I was in an airport in the last year and they wanted to take a photo of me before getting on the plane, I was the only one who refused (I held something over my face to assure no pix). This is not a DHS or FAA requirement. Whatever goon is collecting this info is scum


New York Using AI to Detect Subway Fare Evasion Bruce Schneier