Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Smoking of Sydney: Lesson From The Tax Court: Taxpayers Behaving Badly


Sydney blanketed in thick smoke


Nicola Gobbo, barrister turned police informer, says her 'greatest fear is the police themselves' - ABC News


Lesson From The Tax Court: Taxpayers Behaving Badly (2019)



Santa ClausThis will be my last post until January.  I will be spending my days (except for Christmas Day) grading exams.  Grades are due Friday January 3rd so I hope to have my next post done for January 6th. 
For the second year, my last blog of the year is a roundup of the cases I read during 2019 where something in the facts made me just shake my head (SMH in texting parlance).  I present them to you now, in chronological order, and I invite you to consider which of the following cases may be examples of just an empty head and which are examples of something worse. [Lesson From The Tax Court: Taxpayers Behaving Badly (2018)]

Walter Benton was once one of America’s most popular poets. His secret? Sensuous, risqué writing that caused teenagers to mob bookstores 


Cyberattack downs computers in city of US Naval Air Station attack