Vietnam 2018: Best of Vietnam Tourism
- Via MEdia Dragon spiritual Brother George Clooney
- Nguoth Oth Mai in June 2014 purchased the seven-figure home in Narre Warren, in Melbourne's south-east
- The 22-year-old was on welfare and living in a housing commission when he purchased the property
- Court documents reveal the home was bought using five payments from African companies, police allege
- Nguoth Oth Mai is the son of former chief of staff to Sudan's People's Liberation Army, James Hoth Mai
- Police hope to seize the mansion following civil action launched under the Proceeds of Crime Act
Total tax evasion among the top 0.01% in Scandinavia is roughly 10 times the level of the population at large.
NBER [access req’d]: Unions and Inequality Over the Twentieth Century: New Evidence from Survey Data. Henry S. Farber, Daniel Herbst, Ilyana Kuziemko, Suresh Naidu. NBER Working Paper No. 24587 Issued in May 2018
The first four Coalition Federal budgets have all left Australia much poorer. The fifth, last week, continues that trajectory. In the concluding part of his series, Alan Austin examines how the treasure was lost and strategies for its recovery.
[Read Part One Counting the cost of the Coalition (Part 1): A nation's loss ]
Counting the cost of the Coalition (Part 2): Where has Australia’s wealth gone?
Tax Justice: links to this press release from EPSU, the European Public Service Union which comprises 8 million public service workers from over 265 trade unions. Here’s their joint statement on their new research on McDonald’s, entitled Unhappy Meal report.
what I think the true meaning of a company is when he read this in an email from The Sunday Times this morning:
No one builds their own fortunes.
No one is self-made.
The Sunday Times might like to promote the myth at the behest of, or to flatter, Rupert Murdoch. But the simple fact is that everyone has to work in company. And the bread has to be shared.
Those who think otherwise need to be reminded, often, of the folly of their thinking and, too often, their ways..