How to commit a crime in Labrador
Bitcoin price soars above $5,000 to record high
When Did Tax Avoidance Become Respectable?, by Steven Bank
The top 0.1 percent of earners projected to pay more to the IRS than the bottom 80 percent combined. This year, official government datashow, the top 20 percent will pay 95 percent of all income taxes.
Not just that: It’s hard to cut tax rates on moderate-income people without simultaneously benefiting the rich. That’s because everyone pays the same marginal tax rates on, say, their first $50,000 in income, regardless of how much they make in total. So cutting, for example, the 15 percent tax bracket helps the poor and rich alike.
Competent establishments are not deposed — because they’re competent. They are nimble, react well to changing circumstances and growing discontent, and tweak their course to maintain their power and authority.
Politicians open Parliament House dining room to public - Good Food
'Israel hacked Kaspersky and caught Russian spies using AV tool to harvest NSA exploits'
To Russia, with love: Greek court now says Bitcoinfraud suspect could be tried at home
Legal Current – “Free wi-fi is widely available and tempting to use, especially when traveling. Hotels, airports, coffee shops, even NYC subway stations provide it. But the dangers of public wi-fi are many-fold. Not only are they hunting grounds for hackers, but a new report from security firm FireEye claims a Russian hacker group known as APT28, or Fancy Bear, used hotel Wi-Fi networks to spy on high-value guests. While use of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) can safeguard against unsafe wi-fi networks, recent bans of VPNs by Russia and China further complicate matters. Bob Braun with Jeffer Mangels, Butler & Mitchell, says when using any public wi-fi, you are inherently at risk. To listen, click here (or to download and listen later, right-click)”
- One of Britain's richest men inherits billions and avoids paying inheritance taxes
Netflix Defends $500 Million Canadian Investment: “No Tax Deals Were Part Of The Approval”
- Netflix and eBay find the holes in the UK tax net
- HMRC: The UK tax collector has paid informants nearly £2 million since 2013
- Strict liability offence for offshore tax evaders to apply in UK from 2017/18 tax
- Panama Papers and UK: After 18 months 66 investigations, 4 arrests, no prosecutions, no test cases
- Panama Papers: UK made no contact with EU Cttee investigating it since Feb 2017
- Bribes for public services rife in Latin America and the Caribbean
- US SEC Announces Whistleblower Award of More Than a Million Dollars
- UK Government will not withdraw recognition for the Channel Islands Stock Exchange (it facilitated tax avoidance for BHS)
- UK governemnt refuses to appoint an independent inquiry into tax avoidance schemes used by BHS
- No action by Compaines for false information - a director filed address as 00 Via Dei 40 Landroni, Ali Babba, Italy 00100
- UK government will not introduce withholding tax to combat offshore tax avoidance and evasion
- UK companies have paid illegal dividends by govt won't investigate