Sunday, November 20, 2016

Drinking from a Firehose



Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place - that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realise the great life
~ Abdul Kalam


Our 86 Billion Neurons: She Showed It New York Review of Books. Why are humans smarter? We learned to cook We had Irish brunch at Rustic Garden by chef Kath  late lunch at Gudwara for guru Nanak's birthday ... Food glorious food in every corner As Viki and Jojo would say ;-)

How to make the perfect cup of coffee

Drink whiskey with coffee and read Book reviewing used to be blood sport. But now new titles aren't so much criticized as endorsed, as if every book deserves at least a modest  thumps-up  




*Cold Rivers and Tourism of ICEland

Inside Google Search: How Search Works – From algorithms to answers

… Political rhymes in uncertain times: House of Commons records reveal 24 times MPs tried their hand at poetry | National Post



Video Shows Wild Buffalo Held Without Food or Water Near Dakota Access Pipeline Construction Site EcoWatch 

"I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm stronger, I'm human, I'm not perfect, but I'm thankful ...

“Over the past decade, Pew Research Center has documented the wide variety of ways in which Americans use social media to seek out information and interact with others. A majority of Americans now say they get news via social media, and half of the public has turned to these sites to learn about the 2016 presidential election. Americans are using social media in the context of work (whether to take a mental break on the job or to seek out employment), while also engaging in an ongoing effort to navigate the complex privacy issues that these sites bring to the forefront.”
white_tiger_2_300


To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe. ( ... this is why we love cafe so much as people watching is in our nature ;-)
~Marilyn vos Savant



I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death. 
~ Robert Fulghum