Saturday, June 05, 2004



A borrowed 10-year-old dress and a laid-back Antipodean attitude have swept model Jennifer Hawkins to victory in the 2004 Miss Universe competition
I just can't explain how shocked I am because I never thought this would happen to me, like, I'm just from NewCastle

Tracking Trends Great & Beautiful: Magazines devoted to the rough magic of being a bloke
A spokesman admits that the cancellation of the Saturday night sleeper from London to Aberdeen 'until the end of time' is a bitter blow for those who like to wake up on a Sunday morning to the munching of Highland cattle, but there can be no question of having the train back, say the men at Euston. They can't find a single soul who'll agree to work the shift...
These boys were often to be found floating trouserless in the Liffey at dawn, or staggering up Grafton Street, their T-shirts clinging to them with alcopops and spilled Sambuca.

· Loaded Disgrace under Pressure [Goes with this I believe in equality" has been replaced with "I believe men and women are equal, so I believe women should shut up ]
· · See Also Audrey Hepburn, Eva Herzigova, three Australians also featured in the first 10 out of 100 beauties, actress Cate Blanchett, who came in third, singer Natalie Imbruglia and model Elle Macpherson
· · · See Also “Ladies Night” bar discounts are unconstitutionally discriminatory
· · · · See Also It is an ancient debating technique: Caricature your opponent's argument, then knock down the straw man you created
· · · · · See Also Fresh warning on IT crime
· · · · · · See Also Le Pen is mightier on the net
· · · · · · · See Also No sex please -- I'm librarian: Why the well-trained tongue is mightier than the "sword"