Tuesday, April 06, 2004



What work I owed I postponed until it had to be churned out in a flush of rage over my being disturbed by it.
Jack Richardson, Memoir of a Gambler

Fired San Diego columnist was the conscience of the city
Fired San Diego Union-Tribune columnist Neil Morgan wonders if influential advertisers and politicians had been complaining about his column. I go after crooks in City Hall and crooks who are developers. I'm an old reporter, so I get it right -- and make a lot enemies. Travel writer Alison DaRosa says: He's the conscience of the city, so this is a huge loss not only for us, but for San Diego.
· Conscience
· See Also Human life is priceless. Well, not exactly. It’s actually worth $6.1 million per unit. Let’s stop kidding ourselves: we all have a price
· See Also From the mundane to the thrilling, the blogging phenomenon has produced some of today's most innovative and engaging writing