Wednesday, February 04, 2004



I am one conflicted political animal...

Heartless Labor made me suicidal, says Hanson
Pauline Hanson has attacked the Queensland Premier, Peter Beattie, blaming him for two of her children's near breakdowns while she was in jail and accusing Queensland Labor of hounding her so heartlessly that she contemplated suicide when she was first sent to prison.
They made sure they got me and they did.
But my state of mind meant they got my daughter too, and what it did to her Mr Beattie should never be allowed to forget and made to pay the penalty.
My oldest sons got through, but my youngest, Adam, has been changed for ever.
The former One Nation leader also accused the Beattie Government of appointing Labor hacks to the Queensland justice system, who, she said, carried out its bidding. Some recommended that charges should be laid against her and her fellow One Nation founder, David Ettridge, despite police advice against the pair being brought to trial on electoral fraud.

· Labor hacks: The lesson is if you step on the major parties' toes, they step on you
[ Poison Early tests show deadly ricin in Senate mailroom]