Friday, January 09, 2004

Bloggers Reborn
Tom Mangan has some interesting comments in reaction to the USA Today article on blogging.
JAMES M. CAPOZZOLA Of Rittenhouse Review Fame warned in October 2003 that blogging was not for everyone. You either get it or you don’t. Or, rather, it either gets you or it doesn’t.
I’ve been blogging for 19 months, and in that time I’ve met, online and in person, a surprising number of what might be called kindred spirits, including, perhaps most shockingly, a fellow collector of a rather obscure sub-category of Catholic iconography... There’s something to all of this on a psychological level, something more than mere egotism, I hope, but I’m not sure what it is.
Speaking for myself, blogging is under my skin, in my blood, on my mind, what have you. This whole pared-back-shouldn’t-post-anything-have-to-find-a-job thing is killing me. You wouldn’t believe the incredibly amusing and informative posts I’ve been writing in my head the past two weeks. Some of my best stuff, I’m telling you, left unshared.

· Chaffed [blatant media blogger Media Mayhem ]