Tuesday, April 16, 2024

20-Year Anniversary Of TaxProf Blog

A tale of two blogs …



20-Year Anniversary Of TaxProf Blog

Today (April 15, of course) marks the 20-year anniversary of TaxProf Blog (and the 29-year anniversary of the TaxProf Email Discussion Group). In 2004, I was in my fourteenth year on the University of Cincinnati College of Law faculty. I would be taking my son (age 13) to a ranch in Northern California (JH Ranch) that summer, and would return with my daughter (age 11) in summer 2005. 

It has been a wonderful ride, professionally, personally, and spiritually, these past twenty years. I have written over 52,000 posts (my first post is here), and TaxProf Blog has received over 200,000,000 page views.  The blog played a role in my selection as dean in 2017 —indeed, I may be the only dean in America with a contract provision encouraging me to continue to blog! I could not have done so without the wonderful work of my assistants the past seven years, especially the spectacular Kellie Kamimoto since June 2021.

I'm not sure how much longer I will keep TaxProf Blog going, but I am grateful for the many people who come for the taxlegal education, and faithcontent. (If you would like to receive a daily email with links to that day's tax or legal education posts, or a weekly email with links to Sunday's faith posts, please email me.) 



20-Year Blogging Anniversary


Name two famous people who all share the exact same 20th blogging anniversary”

AI just fails to find anyone …


Management of Taxpayers’ Use of Transfer Pricing for Related Party Debt



NY Times: Vatican Says Gender Change And Fluidity Are Threat To Human Dignity; WSJ: Pope Francis Slams Door On 'Cafeteria Catholics'


Festschrift to Honor Ellen Aprill, 56 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 1135-1354 (2023):


As the digital wolves dress in sheep's tax forms, Microsoft has thrown a spotlight on a crafty 2024 phishing expedition, unraveled in January, that preys on the unsuspecting herd of early tax filers.

The malicious email campaign, purporting to be employees' tax returns, contained an attachment that, when clicked, directs the user to a phony website that looks like a blurred spreadsheet, with a download documents button marked "confidentials to users[dot]name[at] contoso[dot]com."

It's tax season, and scammers are a step ahead of filers, Microsoft says