Friday, January 26, 2018

Here's Why Jozef IMRICH Is Not Truly The Richest Person In History

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
— Bohemian proverb - 
"Forget Freud ... Cold River is therapy by the book."

Food was good because a chef made it so. The finesse and knowledge required to poach a chicken in a pig’s bladder or cook a sea bass in pastry can’t simply be plucked from the ground.


How Paul Bocuse, who died on Jan. 20, popularized “nouvelle cuisine” and invented the notion of the modern chef.
↩︎ Quartz

Nina Dodd knits clothing to blend photographer Joseph Ford’s subjects seamlessly into their backgrounds.
↩︎ The Guardian

Only three out of 160 social housing towers reclad after Grenfell fire Guardian. Death traps for the poor and working class. So what’s the issue? (On the Grenfell fire,see NC here)


I Was Waiting For Fog To Cover My Hometown In Poland So I Could Capture Its Beauty, And Here’s The Result


ROCK ‘N’ ROLL TWEET OF THE MEDia Dragon DECADE:
Jeff Bezos Reaches Highest Net Worth: The Amazon founder's fortune rose by $2.8 billion on Tuesday thanks to a stock bump following the launch of the e-tailer's first cashier-less store.

The length and pronounceability of eBay seller names influences buyers’ perceptions of trustworthiness.

2017 Eclipse Photos If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
~ Marcus Tullius Cicero


Winston Churchill: Would you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you!

Until recently, Jordan Peterson was a little-known psychology professor who wrote a book almost no one read. Now he leads a growing flock of die-hard disciples  Son of Wise Peter  

Gardening is turning out to be one of the best drugs available for both body and mind

Here's Why Jeff Bezos Is Not Truly The Richest Person In History

ANN ALTHOUSE CELEBRATES her 14th Bloggiversary. All traces of timidity are long gone even for MEdia Dragon as 2018 brings sweet sixteen years at the virtual salt mines 

3 Blogging Trends to Get a Jump on Before 2018


The 11 most anti-capitalist quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. Raw 


TwitterFollowing up on Friday's post, Law Profs: Beware The Perils Of Twitter:  Derek Muller (Pepperdine), The Rise and Fall of My Use of Twitter:

I have found that the reward from "status" on Twitter is simply not great. For journalism, it remains, sadly, nearly ubiquitous. A majority of media inquiries now start from a tweet; indeed, a non-trivial number of media mentions fail to even inquire of me and simply (lazily) cite my tweet. Using Twitter less means fewer citations in journalists' pieces, but such is the tradeoff. Furthermore, I've found that a lot of media now focuses on what people say on Twitter, and then how others react to those statements on Twitter—a deeply meta, and often, I think, deeply superficial way of thinking about newsworthiness.

Furthermore, I've watched a number of law professors (and others) lose a significant amount of their credibility (in my eyes, at least, and I think, to some degree, in the eyes of at least some others) by succumbing to the allure of fleeting social media fame. It moves beyond branding into a quasi-celebrity status. It's something that I want to separate myself from. ...

ART OF THE MEMOIR, Part Three My mother's family was much harder to trace for my brother. Her father's family name, Grieb, is clearly not their original name either. Her father... 





Philip Morris seeks FDA approval on a cigarette heater it claims reduces health risks—and they’d never lie to you.
↩︎ Reuters