Monday, January 05, 2004

My Keen and Grove Sense of the Absurd
My father always warned me about comedy acts and my deep sense of the ironic. My folkloric teacher, Marta Chamillova, is to be blamed as at a very young age she taught me a few surviving skills and tricks. One such trick was to imagine communist bullies walking around the stage naked; sometimes my imagination lets me to ogle the party apparatchicks on the toilet seats (smile). To me, Presidents and Prime Ministers and Ministerial spinners are just mere mortals like you and me. However, it was often dangerous to employ these tactics at the NSW Parliament House and do not try it at the office Christmas Party (it might drive you to drink). At the risk of losing your job, try to imagine some of your bosses in those situations and positions: Not a pretty site my Dears! Most bosses these days are Big Bad Swains, literally, not just metaphorically, nicking their top possie in the food chain.
· New Year Message via Mortal Stages: World leaders take stock in 2004
[ via Arthur Miller visits Castro ]
· Crikey! This man would not be a bad Prime Minister ...
[ courtesy of 10 fattest cities: 2112 is still pretty far away ]