Monday, August 03, 2026

Bohemia “Glen Hansard was kind to everyone”: Glen Hansard mourned by many in Czech Republic

Bohemian Cycling with Janka and Pavel: Colours of Two Historic  : Country Towns  

The historic town of Telć and Slavonice are about 3 hrs away from Prague, situated at the border of Bohemia, Moravia, and Austria.

Telč and Slavonic








Glen Hansard was also fond of these Bohemian gems:

 “It's funny when I came here first I'd been to New York before I was here. I could never put my finger on what I loved about New York, and when I came here I could put my finger on it. What New York is, it's the capital of Europe, and the Eastern European influence in New York was what I liked most about it, and when I came here I got a purer taste of the same thing. I can't explain it, I can't put it into words – it's a taste."

“He was kind to everyone”: Glen Hansard mourned by many in Czech Republic