Six years after he left the Presidential Office, Havel expresses disappointment that the story he described as a "fairy tale" in his autobiography To the Castle and Back from 2006 had no happy ending. Some 150 opponents and supporters of Czech President Vaclav Klaus gathered outside Prague Castle, the seat of Czech presidents, Wednesday to demonstrate against his policy on the one hand, and to express their "tacit support" for the president against his critics, on the other hand. Never Catch a Falling Commercial Knife
Rahm Emmanuel, the current White House Chief of Staff, has famously been quoted as saying that: You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.
There is not such thing as darkness; only a failure to see Havel laments as Consumer palaces occupy nation
Czech are building "palaces of consumerism," politicians cannot see farther than the next opinion poll and "mobsters" have become a new elite in the Czech Republic, former Czech president Vaclav Havel
Havel, 72, playwright, thinker and a leading anti-communist dissident, told Bloomberg that not many of us thought the door would be opened so quickly to all the mafiosi and back-street money-changers" who have now become "millionaires and billionaires.
We are living in the first truly atheistic society, and there's no feeling that there is any kind of moral anchor, said Havel, major protagonist of the Velvet Revolution in November 1989 that toppled the communist regime in then Czechoslovakia and catapulted him from the dissidents' underground to Prague Castle, the presidential seat.
• Philosopher King [ Czech stories ; For Václav Havel, the leader of the 1989 "Velvet Revolution" that peacefully overthrew communism in what became the Czech Republic, the optimism of 20 years ago has given way to a troubled present. Havel laments as 'consumer palaces' occupy nation ; PRAGUE is Edinburgh with knobs on. Literally. It has the cobbles, the culture, the castle and is way ahead on trams, but it's the plethora of scantily-clad figures perched on every building and pedestal that really caught my eye. From the Herculean figures holding up buildings with the skimpiest of lion skins wrapped around their nethers to the Charles Atlas hunks fronting many a façade, I've never seen so much gratuitous beefcake buttressed on to buildings. Prague: Velvet evolution ]
• · WHAT is it about Castle Cove that attracts the cream of Sydney's underworld, with their fast cars and faster women? Sydney and Capitalism of the Castles ; A study in a rural town found that young men and women who rejected either alcohol, football or both became socially isolated.Masculinity, sport and alcohol
• · · THE NSW Government will appoint an independent Information Commissioner and overhaul freedom of information laws, under new bills presented to the State ... Putting Flesh on the FOIA Bones; The Night Jack blog in the United Kingdom gave a behind-the-scenes look at frontline policing as an unnamed officer chronicled his working life in an unnamed town. Blogger forced to reveal his identity
• · · · On 16 June 2009 AD the Government published The Digital Britain Report, its strategic vision for ensuring that the UK is at the leading edge of the global digital economy Digital Media Dragons ; Question of Internet International Context - Internet
• · · · · · This study explores the structure and content of the Arabic blogosphere using link analysis, term frequency analysis, and human coding of individual blogs Arabic Media Dragons ; The Iranian president does not represent any religious nor national or other ideas. Unfortunately we are living at a time when a man possessed could easily inflict damage to a lot of people, due to modern technology Havel Says Iran’s Ahmadinejad Is A Man Possessed
Taxpayer could get no satisfaction:
The current network of reciprocal social security agreements will be extended to include the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic. These agreements are expected to commence on 1 January 2011 and will improve access to the Age Pension for people who live for a time in both Australia and the nations who are party to the agreements. Australia and these nations will share responsibility for the pension, each paying a proportion of their pension based on relevant eligibility criteria and the period of residence or insurance that recipients have accrued in each country. The employer's compulsory superannuation (or social security) obligation will remain in the employee's home country to avoid 'double coverage'. ( Source: Budget Paper No 2 [p 245]; Minister for Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs media release, 12 May 2009.)
The difference between tax avoidance and tax. Evasion is the thickness of a prison wall. Taxes are what we pay for a civilized society.