Wednesday, January 25, 2006



Cold River is far superior to Frey’s Million Pieces. Really. We’re not just saying that because of a bet or the nature of the cold truth being stranger than fiction ...

Don't forget to vote in the Australian Blog Awards. Unlike certain other blogs who will remain shameless, we are not running a campaign or offering sexual or other inducements. But I'm sure, if elected by the acclaim of our peers, we will serve… voting early and often ;-) Best nickname for LP… ever

The Blog, The Press, The Media: Something not easily distinguished from theft
The blogosphere reminds me of how I felt about Sydney City when I first migrated here 25 years ago or so: it's vast, it's daunting, there's a ton going on that I'll never be able to keep up with, and I spent quite a few years looking at this and wondering what the big deal was. Yet I'm also pretty confident I'll be right at home here. After all, Lauren is here ... It's good to be home: real and virtual!

ONLINE advertising, despite phenomenal growth over the past three years, is at least a decade away from catching up with newspapers and a further five years away from generating the same revenues as the dominant medium, commercial television.


Online ads to take over radio, magazines [You can make a free font image(sample). Type any text into the text box below ; Cold River ]
• · Balkanization, fragmentation... cyberspace is doomed! The Internet is falling, the Internet is falling! ; Fun with Fonts
• · · Beltway Blogroll Doesn’t Make Better Journalism ; Clicking hell: the Google way to bankrupt your rival
• · · · Gianna Husbands and husbands and wives and wives ; But at least Saddam wasn't gay! ; Robert Putnam blamed TV as the main culprit of the marked decline in civic engagement in America Politics, young people and the Internet
• · · · · Politicians may have met their match with a new computer tool that researchers are developing to quantify the amount of spin in their speeches Catching pollies when they waffle ; Inside the Marketers Studio - David Berkowitz's Marketing Blog
• · · · · · What would happen if I put my name on this? Would anyone care? Would everyone care?’ I don’t know.” Lafsky’s Last Laugh: Secret Legal Blogger
Says ‘I’m Opinionista!’
; Andrew Raff Bloggers, book deals and gnomes