Saturday, July 05, 2003

Ideology

Intelligence and Ideology: Why Liberals Think Conservatives Are Stoopid

It seems clear that intelligence is unrelated to political ideology. For every brilliant liberal mind, there is a brilliant conservative mind. For every liberal dunce, there is a conservative dunce. My sense, from years of careful observation both as an engaged citizen and as a detached philosopher, is that liberals are far quicker to ascribe low intelligence to conservatives than conservatives are to ascribe low intelligence to liberals.
· Tradition, bigotry, and superstition [TechCentralStation ]

Let me first be clear about why I write and ask questions: I speak out because I care about my country, I love the troops and I refuse to be frightened or manipulated by a select few arrogant cowards in power. In doing so, I declare my independence from the State. I think for myself for I am neither specifically Left nor Right and yet I am both.
· Swinger [Indymedia]