Wednesday, July 03, 2002

My friend MobyLives and Writes:

Guerilla of every author's dreams . . .
Freelance writer Tess Crebbin caused a fuss in a Munich Sushi bar when she left behind her copy of Helen Fielding's "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason." "I left the restaurant and all of a sudden there's this commotion and a Japanese waiter is chasing me down the street saying, 'You left your book!'" Crebbins says. "I told him, 'Take it back.' He looked at me like I was crazy." Actually, as Rob Brookman writes in this article from Book (via the Utne Reader), Crebbin is one of the "guerilla readers" participating in an effort organized by BookCrossing.com, which "encourages people to experience what it terms 'the karma of literature' by registering books at the site and then depositing them in public places, like coffee shops, airplane seat pockets, and park benches."

under bridges, on airplane seat pockets, in restaurants