Although I'm a heart guy, I don't let my allegiance stop me from taking an interest in recent work on the soul and soulful music: it is a landscape of creativity, energy, and enthusiasm
Winter muse. Um … When DoJo Cuts sing, they are in effect singing for the Whole Wide World. Their hip-hop calling card is We Love Universal Language Flowers bloom, rainbows arch in the sky and love is painful … Dojo Cuts - 1-2-3
played on The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show - BBC 6Music. Listen carefully Jeden Tva Tri - Ek, Dore, in You might get Dvorak, Handel and Bach, but you might also get Can You Feel The Love Tonight and Pirates Of Dojo Cuts ... Sasha: Musician for all reasons and seasons
Some Internet memes are meant to last more than a day or two. Like everybody else, I watched the moving Susan Boyle performance on YouTube earlier this week, and then I watched it again and again. What makes this so special? The quality of her singing alone doesn’t account for the craze (and maybe that’s why there’s already a backlash brewing). What makes the performance so magical, I think, is the transformation we are allowed to witness Susan Boyle: A plus for homely singers
Media Dragons Soapbox in cyberspace: best blogs
Let blogging addict Bryan Appleyard guide you to a pick of the world's best blogs, with The Australian's pick of best homegrown blogs at bottom. BLOGGING allows you to instantly broadcast your thoughts to the world - and for the world to answer back. So how do you join this global conversation?
The Australian Online at theaustralian.news.com.au/opinion/blogs has a swag of bloggers covering everything from social statistics (George Megalogenis’ Meganomics) to literature (Stephen Romei’s A Pair of Ragged Claws) to House Rules, the new political blog straight from Parliament House in Canberra. There are also blogs from writers, correspondents and columnists – Janet Albrechtsen, Geoff Elliott, Amanda Meade and Caroline Overington, Jack the Insider – and a new economics blog called Current Account.
• The Australian Online ; [A police officer won the blog prize for his account of life at the front line of fighting crime Patrick Cockburn wins Orwell prize for political journalism ]
• · • · Italian-style Cittaslow (pronounced Chittaslow) slow-food … Dr Raj Patel is an activist, an academic and also the author of Stuffed and Starved: Markets, Power and the Hidden Battle for the World Food System. Today, in a lecture recorded at Melbourne University, he asks why there are hundreds of millions of people who don't get enough to eat and, at the same time, hundreds of millions of people are overweight! How did the global food system get so messed up Food glorious food ; HOW TO COOK A MEDIA DRAGON Novels and memoirs with food memories and recipes have become all the rage
• · Contrary to the image of Generation Y as the Net Generation, internet users in their twenties do not dominate every aspect of online life. Generation X is the most likely group to bank, shop and look for health information online. Boomers are just as likely as Generation Y to make travel reservations online. And even Silent Generation internet users are competitive when it comes to email (although teens might point out that this is proof that email is for old people) Generations online in 2009; Gabbie only wants the best … If you need proof that new iPhone models are just around the corner, check out the latest refurb deal from AT&T: you can now get a refurbished 16GB iPhone 3G for just $149 Get a refurbished 16GB iPhone 3G for $149
• · · · · An address to the Naval, Military and Air Force Club of South Australia (Inc) by Jeremy Cooper, Deputy Chairman, ASIC ASIC - Investing in 2009; Don't give a five cent problem five dollars worth of worry . 75% to 90% of all doctor visits, medical and psychological, are now recognised as financial worry and stress related. Here are two tips to avoid paying such a high price for worry. New York Times' Financial Pressures Intensify
• · · As per Rabindranath Tagore's famous poem, when God told Valmiki to write the Ramayana, the life-story of a king yet to be born, Valmiki reportedly asked God: "But how can I write an accurate account of what has not even happened?" God then told Valmiki: "It does not matter what Rama will be or what he will do. What the ages will remember is simply what you shall write. That will be the only truth." This piece is not about the epistemological nature of truth. No. It is not. While the humor is brilliant at times and the writing style very "catty" in the best style of gossip journalism, there is also no denying the fact that some of it (especially the more salacious bits) may be thought to be defamatory (whether the rather transparent monikers make the defamation legally defensible is of course another matter). Relying on bitter bloggers bad for journalism; Break Journalism Rules When You Blog?
• · · · No one can deny the Internet is a life-changer. As a social networking tool, it is nonpareil. Many married couples would never would have met but for the Internet. Employers find employees and vice versa from around the globe—people whose paths never would have crossed but for the magic of cyberspace. But the Internet has its downsides, and one of those is that it is causing the demise of American journalism—as we know it or have known it for centuries. The Internet is single-handedly responsible for the death this year of the Rocky Mountain News of Denver, and the conversion to online publishing of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Christian Science Monitor Internet, Bloggers' Half-Truths Are Killing Newspapers and Journalism; US Now Has Almost As Many Paid Bloggers As Lawyers
• · · · · There is only one God Role of Faiths in Building Peace & Harmony in Australia & the Asia-Pacific Region: Bawa Singh Jagdev - Sikh Council of Australia ; Like Mr Jagdev, a winner of the prestigious award for volunteering, Andrej Imrich has worked tirelessly for the little people Andrej Imrich
• · · · · · In the case of memoirs, trust and authenticity are fundamental to the unspoken contract between reader and writer. How much do authors owe their readers? ; Why did you leave grandma?; Papa Bear blogger visits Family Life blog
Glasgov ... Vrbov Boiling Susan