In the last few weeks we have invaded Canberra and Byron Bay areas. We enjoyed the atmosphere of Manuka and Kingston in Canberra. We loved the Balina Manor and the company at Phil’s 50th birthday party. However, we advise keep away from the Coachman In Motel at Coffs Harbour especially when filled with unruly Schoolies. Another traveller - Kevin Roberts notes: I'm no authority on the world's greatest or coolest bars, but I do know what my favorite hotel bars are. What Makes a Truly Great Bar?
The planet will continue existing with or without us. DON'T START THE REVOLUTION WITHOUT ME
Being raised Catholic I was taught that the only impediment to receiving Holy Communion was a mortal sin which had not yet been confessed.
Because, after 10 years, 4,195 pages, and over 325 million copies, J.K. Rowling's towering achievement lacks the cornerstone of almost all great children's literature: the hero's moral journey. Without that foundation, her story -- for all its epic trappings of good vs. evil -- is stuck in a moral no man's land.
To be clear: This isn't a critique of Rowling's values. It's a recognition of a disturbing trend in commercial storytelling and Western society.
• If literature truly reflects society, then the end of the Harry Potter series spells trouble for us all. 'Harry Potter' missing a real moral struggle; [Google Vanity Ring: Status Symbol for the Attraction Economy; While in earlier times richness and importance were equal to the amount of money or jewels someone possessed, in a post information society it's the attention you get from the worlds people, that counts. Media Dragon …]
• · The days of my parliamentary experiences are reflected in articles like this - A FORMER state Labor MP, accused of spying on a Liberal opponent, has quit her taxpayer-funded job and been criticised by the Ombudsman for "highly inappropriate" behaviour Ombudsman slams ex-Labor MP's spying ; The hottest, raunchiest show on television right now is set hundreds of years ago in England. It’s based on a true story incorporating sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, along with wars, jousting, religion, politics and globalization. I’m talking about "The Tudors" By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. Socrates Epic storytelling = By all means marry
• · In Born Digital, due to be published next year, John Palfrey of the Berkman Center at the Harvard Law School and his colleague Urs Gasser plan to explore these issues in more detail. Not all people born during a certain period of history (say, after the advent of BBSes) are digital natives. Not everyone born today lives a life that is digital in every, or indeed any, way. Feel like a digital immigrant? Ask a native for help ; I am late again but last month was the Blog Action Day The topic for this year's blog action day is the environment; Do you find self-help books no help at all? Are you slogging away in a job you don't enjoy, to buy things you don't need, to impress people you don't like? Nigel Marsh, bestselling author of Fat Forty and Fired, knows how you feel. In his new book Observations of a Very Short Man, Marsh tackles work-life balance, passion in marriage (or lack of it), parenting, death - even dog ownership. OBSERVATIONS OF A VERY SHORT MAN
• · · Blogonomics: When Blogs Become Books
Having a popular blog really does help sell books on Media Dragon … And there's no doubt at all that needlessly annoying your blog's readers is extremely unlikely to be a good business decision. Cold War Googling; The BBC has launched a new blog to open up discussion about the corporation's website BBC launches blog about internet operations ; The BBC Internet Blog - a sister blog to the existing editors' blogs for news and sport - will cover plans for bbc.co.uk as well as the development of on-demand platforms such as interactive television and mobile. On demand Journalism
• · · · It is an honor to be chosen for Blog of the Year. vegnews is the place to get your vegetarian news and celebrity buzz, which makes it one of our favorites, ... Wow! Ecorazzi Named Blog of the Year by vegnews ; Call that a moustache? I thought you'd just forgotten to wash Blog: Mee Mee Mi Mo
• · · · · Damon Kitney & Annabel Hepworth, AFRBoss, October 2007, pp. 26-30. If there’s one thing that separates the high performers from the rest it’s how they handle the pressure of time. Autocratic, manipulative, power hungry, perhaps even deranged - the media mogul as portrayed in the press is one of history's more enduring figures. What are the strategic approaches and leadership traits that make for success in this fast moving, often turbulent industry? Lucy Küng combines recent thinking on leadership in creative environments and makes some recommendations for leaders in the media. Time lords ; Programmers make big bucks. Software developers dress casual every day of the week. Anyone can teach themselves to be a programmer. These are just a few of the reasons why people say they want to become a developer. Unfortunately, the job market is littered with people who may have had the raw intelligence or maybe even the knowledge, but not the right attitude or personality to become a good programmer. 10 signs that you aren’t cut out to be a developer ; NYTimes.com announced today that it launched “The Board” (http://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/), a blog written by members of The New York Times editorial board, providing commentary and background on each day’s editorials. NYTimes.com Launches ''The Board'' Editorial Blog
• · · · · · CONSUMERS who get their news from the internet are likely to trust a blog for reliability as much as a mainstream media site, the competition watchdog said today. Blogs as reliable as mainstream media - ACCC ; She's slightly evil, easily annoyed, and for her a day without sarcasm is a day wasted. Meet Blog Idol winner Moata Tamaira, whose blog on Stuff.co.nz begins today. Blog Idol winner Moata begins posting ; No author biographies. Unless you’re creating a corporate blog, readers will want to know who they’re reading. You should include more than just your name 10 lessons to blog more professionally