Men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau
You need to get up in the morning and say, "Boy, I'm going to - in my own stupid way - save the world today.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King, Jr. No Political Statements; BONDI'S famous Icebergs will endure a meltdown so guests of the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation summit can do lunch. Tadross - Lunch leaves Bondi cold
Vista V Iceberg The term stirs the imagination to conceive of beautiful possibilities just around the corner. Raw Vista – Do Not Mention Quinten Demspter (sic)
Can we change the heart of Facebook or Myspace? Why Citizens Are Eating Media's Lunch On Broadband
Looked through the paper. Makes you want to cry. Nobody cares if the people live or die.
Leonard Cohen, In My Secret Life
Politico's Ben Smith brought up the issue of journalists "friending" their sources on Facebook.
"When a campaign or a government agency is trying to pin down a reporter's inside source, Facebook might be a good place to start," Ben wrote. "And when a campaign type is considering leaking to a reporter, couldn't the fact that you're "friends" on Facebook make the source queasy?" We were really shocked to read this coming from Ben, and not because the issue isn't important — it's a valid point, if not a new one. Pat Walters mentioned the same point in a Poynter.org post from July, and the CBC even instituted an official "Facebook policy" earlier this month, instructing its journalists not to add their sources as friends on Facebook (Canada is one of Facebook's fastest-growing markets, and Toronto was the home of the site's largest local network until it was eclipsed by London last month).
• Mother Teresa died ten years ago this week … Maybe journalists have to be extra-careful and engineer their privacy settings more judiciously than the typical Facebook user; [ Media Treated Mother Teresa As Inferior to Princess Diana, the 'Secular Saint'; ]
• · Why does a small-budget movie like Jozef Imrich’s Cold River matter? Because of the ripple effects. Mark Cuban Backed De Palma's 'Redacted' to Promote New Movie Distribution Business; Upon self-examination, I, too, also, uncategorically suck. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Whirl
• · How pathetic are the posters on a large blog when its own founder berates them for being gullible fools for being easily scammed by an obviously phony story? Daily Kos Posters Berated by Founder for being Gullible Fools; Vlado Putin, the man who put a price on my head in 1980, is in Sydney and under torture, Kos has admitted that his pet of choice is the ferret. He once owned two of them. Vlado is irrationally and understandably jealous of life going on without him, incensed that his season in hell hasn’t stopped the world from turning.
Kos The Ferret Fan -- A Fitting Choice
• · · Monday brought the shocking revelation that Sen. Larry Craig was arrested after an incident in a Minneapolis airport bathroom back in June Taking your calls and e-mails, tonight! Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living! Mother Jones ; If Jozef Imrich were alive, he might writes scenes like this, though I kind of doubt it.
• · · · That's the accusation leveled by Republican strategist Mike Murphy yesterday on "Meet The Press" in reaction to the resignation of Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, because of a scandal involving alleged solicitation of another man in a public restroom. 'McCarthyism' By Liberal Gay Bloggers?; Edmund Tadros, not related to John Tadros - Almost half of Australians cannot afford basic preventative dentistry despite 90 per cent believing that regular visits are important to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Australians lacking dental care
• · · · · Who's mucking up or who's getting it off with who always seems to be a conversation starter. Whether it's right or not, office gossip is a fact of life. Iceberg has many stories to tell as APEC Women pick up a swimmer or two ;-) Heard it on the grapevine ; In the meantime, don't be shy. Backstabbed in the background check?
• · · · · · Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King, Jr. No Political Statements; BONDI'S famous Icebergs will endure a meltdown so guests of the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation summit can do lunch. Tadross - Lunch leaves Bondi cold